One of the most important activities that the SKWC sponsors is a Regional Training Center (RTC). Through your participation in the Pin Pool the SKWC is able to bring accomplished resident athletes to train year round in New Brunswick. It is important to note that in many cases our competitors in the B1G and other conferences have more than three times our number of resident athletes.
The SKWC is an independent non-profit organization that receives no funding from Rutgers. Having successful and talented SKWC RTC resident athletes as training partners helps our Rutgers wrestlers to achieve their full potential. A strong RTC is an essential part of having a successful college wrestling team.
Our goal is to build a top RTC that will enable our wrestlers to train for Olympic, world, and national competitions.
The Pin Pool rules are simple. Participants pledge a fixed amount per pin. Any time a Rutgers wrestler scores a pin it counts as a Pin Pool pin. Our wrestlers compete in both duals and open competitions over the course of the season. Falls by Rutgers wrestlers scored while while in their redshirt year count toward this total. Periodic updates will be sent to Pin Pool members over the course of the season. This will be the 8th edition of the Pin Pool. Last year there were 47 qualifying pins.
Pin Pool donations are tax deductible in accordance with IRS rules.
- All participants pledging $5 or higher will receive a tee shirt at the end of the season
- In addition to the above benefits those pledging $10 or more per pin will be able to attend an SKWC practice to watch our SKWC resident athletes prepare for senior competition.
At the conclusion of the NCAA championships in March you will be sent a notice of the amount due calculated by multiplying the number of qualifying pins by your pledged amount per pin. A link that will enable you to pay online using a credit card will be included with the notice of amount due.
Thank you for your support!
Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
Pin Pool Wall of Fame
(NOTE: August 2019 — Names below are from 2018-2019 Pin Pool.
Please renew for 2019-2020 and your years — # appearing superscripted next to your name — will be updated and the text will change from gray to white.
The SKWC greatly appreciates your loyalty to the Pin Pool)
Michael J. Alvarez5
Timothy Burklow Jr.
Tim Burklow Sr.7
Art & Terry Certosimo2
Jim & Renee Curran2
Neil Della Torre
Vincent Di Pano2
John C. Huss
Mintz & Geftic LLC
Ron & Diane Shimanowitz5
Mick & Barb Simmons2
Michael Van Brill5
YOUR NAME HERE!
Pins to date: 15
1 | Nov 2
2 | Nov 2
3 | Nov 2
4 | Nov 2
5 | Nov 3
6| Nov 10
7| Nov 10
8| Nov 10
9| Nov 10
10| Nov 10
11| Nov 10
12| Nov 10
13| Nov 10
14| Nov 10
15| Nov 10
(6:41) | 1
(0:40) | 1
(2:21) | 1
(1:17) | 1
(4:10) | 1
(0:38) | 1
() | 2
() | 3
() | 1
() | 1
() | 2
() | 2
() | 1
() | 1
() | 2
[NOTE: Links on opponent names open ScarletKnights.com official results in new tab]
- Nov 2 2019 RU Quad (RAC) — 4
- LIU (W: 43-3) [1-0]
- Centenary (NJ) (W: 38-6) [2-0]
- Pitt-Johnstown (W: 22-9) [3-0]
- Nov 3 Princeton Open — 1
- Nov 10 Journeymen Open — 8
- Nov 10 East Stroudsburg Open — 2
- Nov 15 (Fri) 10 PM at Fresno State (Fresno, CA)
- Nov 16 (Sat) 6:30 PM at CSU Bakersfield (Bakersfield, CA)
- Nov 23 (Sat) All Day at Navy Classic (Annapolis, MD)
- Dec 7 (Sat) 7 PM vs Maryland (RAC)
- Jan 1 (Wed) All Day at Southern Scuffle (Chattanooga, TN)
- Jan 2 (Thu) All Day at Southern Scuffle (Chattanooga, TN)
- Jan 10 (Fri) 7 PM at Ohio State (Columbus, OH)
- Jan 12 (Sun) TBA at Michigan State (East Lansing, MI)
- Jan 17 (Fri) 7 PM vs Cornell (RAC)
- Jan 19 (Sun) 5 PM ESPNU at Penn State (University Park, PA)
- Jan 24 (Fri) 7 PM vs Indiana (RAC)
- Jan 26 (Sun) 1 PM vs Purdue (RAC)
- Feb 1 (Sat) 1 PM BTN Michigan (Madison Square Garden)
- Feb 7 (Fri) 7 PM vs Illinois (RAC)
- Feb 9 (Sun) 7 PM at Rider (Lawrenceville, NJ)
- Feb 14 (Fri) 7 PM vs Northwestern (RAC)
- Feb 23 (Sun) 6 PM at Princeton (Princeton, NJ)
- Mar 7 (Sat) All Day vs Big Ten Championships (RAC)
- Mar 8 (Sun) All Day vs Big Ten Championships (RAC)
- Mar 19 (Thu) All Day at NCAA Championships – Session I & II (Minneapolis, MN)
- Mar 20 (Fri) All Day at NCAA Championships – Session III & IV (Minneapolis, MN)